Due to their stance on magic, wizard slayers are restricted in the use of some types of enchanted gear (rings, amulets / necklaces, bracers / gauntlets, belts / girdles, cloaks and most potions). The only way to circumvent this restriction is to dual class to a thief and select the Use Any Item high-level class ability.
Character abilities tableEdit
|Min. requirement||Max. possible|
- Prime Requisites for dual-classing. Humans require a minimum of 15 in this stat and a 17 in the prime requisite(s) of the class you are dualing to.
Note: For the information in this table, the human class was used, because humans do not have any bonuses or penalties to the primary ability scores. For all other races, these numbers may be slightly different. For example, elves have even higher minimal requirements.
Advanced Weapon SpecializationEdit
Advanced Weapon Specialization increases the maximum number of points that can be invested into a specific proficiency to five points. As a result, fighters may do more damage and hit more often with weapons from that specific proficiency. For more information on proficiency points, see Weapon proficiency.
|Level of proficiency||Points spent||Bonus to hit||Bonus damage||Attacks per round+|
Wizard Slayer AbilitiesEdit
Innate Magic ResistanceEdit
Wizard slayers gain a 1% bonus to magic resistance per level, and starting from level 20, gain a 5% bonus to magic resistance every even level (thus 19% at level 19, 24% at level 20, 25% at level 21, 30% at level 22, and so on).
Miscast Magic on HitEdit
Every successful hit the wizard slayer makes against arcane spellcasters lowers their chance to successfully cast spells by 25% for 5 rounds. With further hits, the duration refreshes, the chance to miscast stacks, and even applies if their attack deals no damage. Four successful hits will render an enemy mage unable to cast spells (though they can still use magic items such as wands). Ranged weapons with high attacks per round, such as darts (3 APR), or Tuigan Bow +1 (3 APR), would be a great choice as the miscast magic effect applies to ranged attacks as well. It also applies to weapons that have an area of effect (Fire Seeds, Arrow of Detonation). The added benefit is that most spell protections only protect against targeted attacks but not against AOE attacks.
Magic Items RestrictionEdit
Wizard slayers can wear enchanted body armor, helmets/headgear, boots, shields, weapons and magical ammunition. Their main disadvantage is that enchanted rings, amulets/necklaces, belts/girdles, cloaks and bracers/gauntlets are off-limits.
Quick inventory items and other consumables which can be used by wizard slayers are:
- Potion of Healing
- Potion of Extra Healing
- Potion of Superior Healing
- Elixir of Health
- Deck of Many Things
- Rod of Resurrection
- Wand of Cursing
- Tree of Life Nuts
- Rod of Lordly Might
- Rod of Reversal
- Tomes and Manuals
Item Restrictions ExceptionsEdit
Item restrictions for Wizard Slayer are implemented through manual exclusion of each barred item. There are a handful of items that was mistakenly omitted by developers, this group includes but is not limited to:
- The Claw of KazgarothThis icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast campaign.
- The Horn of KazgarothThis icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast campaign.
- This icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn campaign.Gauntlets of Crushing
- Amulet of Seldarine
- Holy SymbolsBaldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Throne of Bhaal (2013)This icon indicates content from the Throne of Bhaal campaign of the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
High-level class abilitiesEdit
High level class abilities were added in the expansion Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. For all warrior classes and monks, the pool of abilities consist of abilities which can be accessed from the special abilities menu during battle. These abilities are available to fighters when they exceed 3,000,000 XP.
- Power Attack, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Critical Strike, requires power attack. This ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Smite, requires power attack and critical strike. This ability can be selected only one time.
- Deathblow, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Greater Deathblow, requires deathblow. This ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Whirlwind, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Greater Whirlwind, requires whirlwind. This ability can be selected as many times you like.
- War Cry, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Hardiness, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
- Resist Magic, this ability can be selected as many times you like.
Table for experience, weapon proficiency points, hitpoints and Magic resistanceEdit
For more information, see Experience tables.
|Level||Required Experience||Proficiency Points||Attacks||Hit Dice (d10)||Magic Resistance|
|10||500,000||1.5||9 + 3||10|
|11||750,000||1.5||9 + 6||11|
|12||1,000,000||8||1.5||9 + 9||12|
|13||1,250,000||2||9 + 12||13|
|14||1,500,000||2||9 + 15||14|
|15||1,750,000||9||2||9 + 18||15|
|16||2,000,000||2||9 + 21||16|
|17||2,250,000||2||9 + 24||17|
|18||2,500,000||10||2||9 + 27||18|
|19||2,750,000||2||9 + 30||19|
|20||3,000,000||2||9 + 33||24|
|21||3,250,000||11||2||9 + 36||25|
|22||3,500,000||2||9 + 39||30|
|23||3,750,000||2||9 + 42||31|
|24||4,000,000||12||2||9 + 45||36|
|25||4,250,000||2||9 + 48||37|
|26||4,500,000||2||9 + 51||42|
|27||4,750,000||13||2||9 + 54||43|
|28||5,000,000||2||9 + 57||48|
|29||5,250,000||2||9 + 60||49|
|30||5,500,000||14||2||9 + 63||54|
|31||5,750,000||2||9 + 66||55|
|32||6,000,000||2||9 + 69||60|
|33||6,250,000||15||2||9 + 72||61|
|34||6,500,000||2||9 + 75||66|
|35||6,750,000||2||9 + 78||67|
|36||7,000,000||16||2||9 + 81||72|
|37||7,250,000||2||9 + 84||73|
|38||7,500,000||2||9 + 87||78|
|39||7,750,000||17||2||9 + 90||79|
|40||8,000,000||2||9 + 93||84|