This score is very important for clerics and druids, as a high wisdom grants extra spell slots per spelllevel, the bonuses are cumulative, eg. a cleric with 15 wisdom will have two extra level 1 spellslots plus one extra level 2 spellslot. Rangers and paladins do not gain such bonus – their spell slots are determined solely by their exp level.
Though original manuals suggest otherwise, it is worth noting that magic defense, saving throws adjustments and spell failure % are not implemented in actual gaming.
- Lore Bonus: WIS adds a bonus to the character's base lore value, which intelligence also contributes to. This ranges from -20 at 6 WIS and below up to +40 at 25 WIS.
- Wish / Limited Wish: Although having high wisdom is not as important for wizards, it is still useful for getting the best results from Wish and Limited Wish.
Druids and Clerics onlyEdit
- Maximum Spell Level: Prior to
- Known Spells per Level: WIS determines the number of extra priest spells that a character may memorize per level. This ranges from 1 at 13 WIS up to 20 at 25 WIS.
|Wisdom||Extra spell slots per spell lvl for clerics and druids||Lore adj|
Wisdom score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- This icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast campaign.– One Tome of Understanding can be found two floors above ground in Durlag's Tower; another one lies in the Candlekeep Catacombs, accessible during Chapter Six; a third is carried by Chanthalas Ulbright in west Baldur's Gate, who's involved in the Marek and Lothander quest – as this quest is mandatory, you have to trick, kill or simply pickpocket the person you are meant to give it to.This icon indicates content from the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition campaign.
- – The "good path" during the Test of Wrath in Hell raises wisdom (and charisma) by one point.
- – The STAR card from the Deck of Many Things grants +1 to wisdom if the user is a Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Fighter / Cleric, Cleric / Thief, Fighter / Druid or Cleric / Ranger.
- – Machine of Lum the Mad.
Temporary altering Edit
- Discipliner (sets to 3; also sets INT to 3, inflicts feeblemind, and is cursed)
- - Wisdom drain of Kachiko's Wakizashi sold by Joluv
- - Axe of Hrothgar +1 to WIS and CHA, sold by Joluv
- - Silver Ioun Stone +1 to WIS
- Glimmer of Hope +1 to WIS