|“||Keep yer pants on, buddy.||”|
Wilson is available to recruit from Chapter 2. Speak to Zaviak in the Hidden Refuge and agree to find Wilson for him, you'll encounter the bear during Rasaad's companion quest near the entrance of the Heretic Temple. After talking to the bear, you may free him either by purchasing him for 1,000 or killing his captor Jolstead. Wilson will then wait for you at starting zone of this area, where you can invite him to join the party.
He'll become unavailable if you advance too far in Neera's or Rasaad's companion quests line. If you complete the temple siege action in Rasaad's quest, Wilson will disappear and you will not be able to complete the side quest. Complete the quest before entering the temple for the first time.
His claws are considered as dual-wield weapons and he has master proficiency in the wielding style.
His powers increase with levels:
- Strength and Regeneration rate improve by 1 every 8 levels, starting at 19 STR and 1 HP/turn.
- Gains a 1/2 attack per round and -2 Base AC every 6 levels up to -2 AC at level 24.
- His claws (and bites) gain +1 to their enchantment level and proficiency points every 6 levels.
His attacks also have 15% chance to Hug enemy for an extra 2d6 crushing damage every hit.
Can drink healing potions and antidotes but nothing else. Cannot wear anything. Cannot initiate conversations manually.
|“||A bear of refined taste and delicate sensibilities, Wilson spent his first five years living an idyllic life in the wild. This was shattered when he was captured by a man named Jolstead, a cruel trapper who sold his victims to the highest bidder. Though imprisoned and forced to live in deplorable conditions, Wilson nevertheless retained his innate optimism for the future and a remarkably gentle nature for a bloody great bear.||”|
Quotes, growls and snorts Edit
|Whine. Grrr!||Morale failure|
|Sniff sniff sniff sniff SNORT sniff...||Tired|
|Keep yer pants on, buddy.||
Wilson speaks in growls and snorts, which only Gorion's Ward and Zaviak seem to be able to understand. Judging by how they treat him, he is a remarkably gentle, 'well-spoken' and cheerful grizzly.
- Having Wilson in your party allows you access to Spellhold, just like having Minsc in your party does.
- As bear is no valid race for dialog checks, any talk initiated with Wilson which refers to race (such as Mencar Pebblecrusher's taunts) will be left blank.
- Wilson on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting Forgotten Realms.