You're active on several wikis, as I noticed. If you plan to keep your contributions and username on Gamepedia, you should log in on e.g. Pillars of Eternity as soon as possible, due to Curse having been bought by Wikia. Just a reminder. :) -- -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 13:39, January 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Hey! Thanks for the info, although I believe my Gamepedia account has already been deleted when I refused to merge it with Twitch. Not a great loss to be honest, I only had a handful of contributions there. I'm really curious how Wikia/Fandom imagines this transition though. PoE gamepedia, for example, makes extensive use of SMW which is intentionally disabled on most Wikias. -- Wiki Kaczor (talk) 01:47, January 17, 2019 (UTC)
- No, there you're wrong, it only has been deleted now because you "refused to merge" (ignored, I guess ;) with Wikia. The login is still done with Twitch, but Twitch doesn't own Curse/Gamepedia anymore. And wasn't there an alternative? I believe, you didn't have to use Twitch …
- Okay, I can't tell how many contributions you have globally on Gamepedia; and that I found your deleted account and was able to connect it with your name, was pure coincidence. (And actually, I shouldn't know it, in legal terms. ;) But, similar as said, logging in directly on Gamepedia.com and then using some "rename credit" (haven't seen it, don't know how this looks or reads actually) on your account page will restore your username for all of the around 70 contributions on Pillars of Eternity and all other wikis at Gamepedia. (Currently your profile shows "@DeletedUserrandom numbers".)
- The merge FAQ stated that using Twitch would be mandatory. I'm not aware of any workarounds, but never really searched for them either. Does it mean I need to create a Twitch account to regain access to Gamepedia only to merge it with Wikia a moment later? :) Thanks again for your help, but I'm not really interested in merging these accounts.
- Oh, it seems that the history of SMW on Wikia and Gamepedia was very similar after all. Update to MediaWiki will most certainly happen, so it shouldn't be an obstacle to enable Cargo. -- Wiki Kaczor (talk) 02:07, January 18, 2019 (UTC)