|South Baldur's Gate is one of the areas from the World Map.|
South Baldur's Gate is one of nine districts of Baldur's Gate city. The harbor in the center separates the buildings into east and west, but the player can cross between without traveling to different districts.
Point of interestEdit
The most important buildings in this section of the city are the headquarters of the Iron Throne in the northwest, the Water Queen's House in the southwest, the Harbor Master's Building in the center, the Low Lantern – a floating tavern – in the southeast and Jopalin's Tavern as the northernmost house in the row opposite the harbor offices.
The northern warehouse stores (3260.1150) an exotic and very much alive creature, involved in two quests. The creature was brought in by a group of adventurers with a questionable name we have met before.
The four Ogre Mages in what looks to be a restaurant (980.1300), are not noted as an assassination attempt by other walkthroughs, because they do not happen at a public location. Nonetheless, they follow the same pattern as all other assassins when the lead Ogre makes it clear that they are agents of the Iron Throne, intent on killing the Player Character specifically. They give 3,250 XP altogether, and have some high value random loot. It is wise to guard yourself against mind tricks, specifically Panic and Confusion.
- Entillis will hail the party – and attack those with a Reputation of seven and lower.
- Cordyr in his locked home (3060.870), will provide a quest to people struggling with their reputation.
- Noralee can be found in the southern warehouse (3540.1515) and requires you to be popular or will have no faith in your abilities to find her lost gloves.
- Larriaz, is locked inside the house (3960.1660), away from the water.
- Ghorak lives with the door wide open (4220.1910). He looks like his diet consists of brains, but looks can be deceiving.
- Desreta will drop some unique loot and some interesting scrolls can be obtained from her partner Vay-ya.
- Yago likes to curse children.
If your Reputation is lower than 3 you will be attacked by groups of three Flaming Fist Enforcers, a Flaming Fist Scout and a Flaming Fist Battle Wizard. The Flaming Fist will attack suddenly on the streets.