You must recruit Hexxat before Chapter 4, if you haven't met her before sailing to Brynnlaw, you miss the chance to recruit her. She can be found in Dragomir's Tomb entered from Athkatla Graveyard after accepting Clara's request in Copper Coronet in Slums.
- Hexxat's request (This is a time-sensitive quest)
- She will romance female protagonists of any race
- Aerie – Conflicts during Throne of Bhaal
- Anomen – Conflicts
- Keldorn – They can't be in the same party
- Mazzy – Conflicts
- Valygar – Conflicts
- Viconia – They will flirt
Being a vampire, the only undead companion in game, Hexxat has several special abilities:
- Blood Drain - Drain the target of 1-4 Constitution and knock him unconscious for 5 rounds. Saving throw: Save vs. Death.
- Children of the Night - Summons 1d4 creatures, depending on her level:
- Domination (Hexxat) - This ability is similar to wizard spell Domination and priest spell Mental Domination, but casting time is 1, and the target has no option for release, even if made to do something against their moral. The Saving Throw to negate the effect has a -2 penalty. The effect can be reversed only by Dispel Magic.
She comes equipped with a non-removable Hexxat's Amulet, which provides 1 HP/round regeneration, immunity to Charm, Domination, Panic, Berserk, Bleeding, Sleep, Paralysis, Poison, Poison Damage, Disease Level Drain and Ability Score Drain not caused by illithids.
Sun damages her however, but the Cloak of Dragomir allows her to travel under the sun, with penalties to her ability scores. She will refuse to use anti-undead items such as Daystar, the Burning Earth, or Protection From Undead.
|“||A striking woman of Chultan descent, Hexxat holds her secrets dear. When pressed, she speaks in vague terms about her mother, a cleric of Ubtao, and the aunts who raised her. Of her life beyond childhood, she says nothing, other than that her immediate assignment was given her by someone known only as L. Discretion is a requirement of Hexxat's profession, and she prides herself on being a consummate professional.||”|
|Follow my lead and do exactly as I say.||Leader|
|I cannot go much further. It may be time to use Dragomir's Respite.||Tired|
|Your life is less interesting than I thought it would be.||Bored|
|Die quickly, fool!||Battlecry1|
|Fall and stay fallen!||Battlecry2|
|I hunger. Feed me!||Battlecry3|
|Quickly, get me to Dragomir's Respite.||Hurt|
|Dragomir's Respite... I need it...||Dying|
|I dislike the wilderness. It lacks structure.||Forest|
|Ah, yes. Civilization. I can work with this.||City|
|You take the lead. I'll watch your back.||Dungeon|
|Ah! The light, it's more than I can stand!||Day|
|I used to love sunlight. But this is my time now.||Night|
|I am ready.||Select2|
|What would you have me do?||Select3|
|You are lucky I'm here.||Select4|
|Fear not. I'm watching your back.||
|That's the best you can manage?||
|If that is what you want.||Action2|
|I can do that.||Action4|
|As you wish.||Action5|
|Easy enough—if you know what you're doing.||Action7|
|An unfortunate loss, but not a crippling one.||To death-general|
|Leave it to me.||Select rare1|
|Ha! That's how it's done.||Select rare2|
|Oh, I AM good.||Critical hit|
|Hold still, curse you!||Critical miss|
|All right. The hard way it is.||Target immune|
|I am strong, but there's a limit to how much I'll carry on your behalf.||Inventory full|
|Too easy.||Picked pocket|
|That's right. No one here but us shadows...||Hidden in shadows|
|Blast! My attempt has failed!||Spell disrupted|
|Someone's getting an unpleasant surprise.||Set a trap|
|<CHARNAME>. Good to finally meet you.|
|I've no desire to fight you.|
|If we are going to work together, <CHARNAME>, there's something you need to know about me: There is nothing I won't do to stay alive. Nothing. Do you understand?|
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal Edit
She can be found in the Inn in Amketheran, where the sleeping area is.
- Hexxat on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting Forgotten Realms.