|“||Love makes the world go round.||”|
Garrick is a chaotic neutral human bard and a potential companion in Baldur's Gate (1998)
This icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate campaign.Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast (1999)
This icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast campaign.Baldur's Gate:
Enhanced Edition (2012)
This icon indicates content from the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition campaign..
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
Garrick is available from Chapter One. You will find him waiting outside The Burning Wizard in Beregost. He will ask if you are willing to protect his mistress Silke for 300 gold; accept his offer and then complete the quest, The Silke Dilemma, which leads to Silke's death. Speak to Garrick again and allow him to join. If you help Silke instead during the quest he won't join and will vanish from the game.
If you kill Silke before talking to Garrick, he will not be able to respond, and you will not be able to recruit him. However, preemptively killing Silke does not affect your reputation and can solve a difficult fight with a quick backstab.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Garrick and Ajantis share a great mutual respect and consider each other men of honor.
- Alora enjoys Garrick's music and will sometimes ask him to play songs for her. Interestingly enough, however, she will only do this if Eldoth is also in the party.
- Garrick regards Branwen fondly and sees her as a very caring person.
- Garrick sees Dynaheir as rude and lacking in manners. Dynaheir, however, thinks rather highly of Garrick.
- Garrick dislikes Edwin because of the mage's rude and abrasive personality.
- Eldoth, Skie, and Garrick have a wild love triangle. Garrick is head over heels for Skie, who is in turn head over heels for Eldoth, who in turn...well, really doesn't care for Skie at all and doesn't think too highly of Garrick, either. Garrick believes Skie deserves far better than Eldoth, who is borderline abusive towards her, and he has a lot of resentment towards Eldoth as a result.
- Garrick and Jaheira get along very well and think very highly of each other.
- Kagain dislikes Garrick and thinks the bard is a complete idiot. Garrick refuses to engage the dwarf in response to his insults, as it takes two to make a quarrel.
- Garrick looks up to Khalid and sees him as an honorable person.
- Garrick also looks up to Kivan and sees him as an honorable person.
- Minsc enjoys Garrick's music and will sometimes encourage him to play.
- Montaron is rather disdainful towards Garrick.
- Quayle thinks Garrick is stupid and will often insult him. Surprisingly, though, Garrick is among the few characters that actually tolerates Quayle.
- Safana thinks very little of Garrick and is dismissive and bossy towards him.
- Shar-Teel dislikes Garrick and will often shoot scathing insults at him unprovoked. Garrick takes these insults graciously for the most part, but still dislikes her and finds her rude.
- Garrick dislikes Tiax and thinks he is far too rude to the other party members.
- Viconia thinks little of Garrick and will often try to boss him around.
- Garrick and Yeslick are very friendly towards each other.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- InBaldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy
This icon indicates content from all Enhanced Editions of the Baldur's Gate games.: companions who are under-leveled at the time of joining will be given a certain amount of experience points (XP) for you to manually level them up to gain more control of their status
|Average party level||Level||XP||Gold||Hit Points||Weapon Proficiency||Equipment||spells_abilities|
|1.00 - 1.99||1||76||4||6 (1d6)||
|2.00 - 2.99||2||1270||11||10 (2d6)|
|3.00 - 4.99||4||5089||43||15 (4d6)||
Biography[edit | edit source]
|“||When asked about his past, GARRICK explains that he was part of a celebrated acting troupe called the Dale Wind Troubadours. They traveled the length of the coast from Neverwinter to Amn and often played to Dukes and other nobility. Indeed, few others could afford the cost of a performance when the group was at its peak.
Garrick does not speak fondly of this time however, as the direction the group was taking left him dissatisfied with their conduct. He apparently discovered that performances were being used as distractions for thievery and declared he would have nothing to do with it.
Rebuffed by his comrades, now he wishes simply to travel and play his music for those that will listen. He seems a bit young and naive, and a touch too ready to take the word of a stranger.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|Hello there. I have a pretty proposal for you.||Initial meeting|
|Brave, brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick led the way. Brave, brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick ran away!||Morale failure|
|If man is known by the company he keeps, I shall be thought of gloriously.||Happy|
|Why did we just do that?||Unhappy-annoyed|
|I can't stand by and just let this happen.||Unhappy-serious|
|I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I can't stomach what we do anymore!||Unhappy-break|
|I feel a little unprepared for this job, but I'll try my best.||Leader|
|*yawn* A yawn is a silent shout.||Tired|
|A bored man is an angry man.||Bored|
|Once more unto the breach, dear friends!||Battlecry1|
|My goodness! I think I'm dying.||Hurt|
|I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree.||Forest|
|'Tis a beautiful day in the neighborhood.||City|
|I am at your service.||Select2|
|Life is glorious.||Select3|
|With joy, sir.||Action3|
|Give and spend, and the gods will send.||Action4|
|Make short the miles with talk and smiles.||Action5|
|Love makes the world go round.||Action6|
|Music has charms to soothe the savage breast.||Action7|
|Perhaps you'd care to hear my music, Skie. It's very different and somewhat better than Eldoth's.||Interaction1|
|Why do you stay with Eldoth, Skie? Can't you see he's just using you?||
|Don't speak to Skie that way, Eldoth. She deserves better.||
|My music is superior to yours, Eldoth, I was taught at the college in Berdusk.||
|A girl of beauty is a joy forever.||
|I think you need to learn some manners.||Insult1|
|I think you're an honorable person.||Compliment1|
|I don't remember knowing a more caring person.||Special1|
|The world is such a cruel place.||To death-general|
|Nooo! Why her? She didn't deserve this!||To death-Skie|
|Thank you so very much for your most gracious compliment.||To compliment1|
|I don't know what I did to deserve THAT.||To insult1|
|It takes two to make a quarrel.||
He returns in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn but not as a party member. He can be found in the Athkatla Temple District trying (or rather failing) to woo Lady Irlana, a female temple knight of the Radiant Heart, with the help Cyrando, a gnome friend. Nervous, he fumbles the lines being recited and gets to saying inappropriate things. When Gorion's Ward talks with him, he vaguely remembers them, but he doesn't know how he met the party or any names of party members. After some time has passed, when revisiting the same location, the gnome has married the female temple knight and Garrick, who was playing at the wedding feast, met a woman from Calimshan, whom he accompanies to that southern nation. He won't be encountered again after this.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Garrick on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting Forgotten Realms.