|Friendly Arm Inn is one of the areas from the World Map.|
The inn was once a keep used as the base of operations of a cleric of Bhaal, but the gnome adventurers Bentley Mirrorshade, his wife Gellana and their comrades raided the stronghold and killed the priest. Now, they have turned the keep into an inn and an adjacent structure into the Temple of Wisdom, and run both themselves.
|“||Safe at last at the Friendly Arm Inn! My next step should be to find and introduce myself to Khalid and Jaheira, friends of Gorion. They can give me some advice as to what to do next.||”|
- Tarnesh at the foot of the Inn's steps.
Other significant eventsEdit
- A nobleman on the third floor of the Friendly Arm mistakes you for a servant, see Golden Pantaloon Decision
- When you first enter this area the Important Events:Go to the Friendly Arm Inn quest entry is replaced by Important Events: Meet with Khalid & Jaheira. Once you have spoken to them, this journal entry is in turn replaced by Important Events:Go to Nashkel.
- Speaking to Dorn Il-Khan will also give a journal entry, How Rude! – sort of a prologue to his quest.This icon indicates content from the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition campaign.
If your Reputation is lower than 3 you will be attacked by groups of three Flaming Fist Enforcers, a Flaming Fist Scout and a Flaming Fist Battle Wizard. The Flaming Fist will attack suddenly both in the courtyard and within the inn itself.
- Evermemory, lying between some rocks and a conifer in the southern, second from the path group of trees (2553.3760)
Before you head south, you may want to make a brief detour to the north (just inside the Fishing Village area) to recruit Ajantis Ilvastarr into your party, especially if you are still in need of a melee fighter. For a Good-aligned party, he is less annoying company and a more capable companion than Xzar and Montaron combined. A little self-righteous blather is a small (?) price to pay for a companion that won't eventually abandon you or murder your other companions. Neutral or evil parties would do better to pick up Kagain, a far better fighter, in Beregost. Baeloth Barrityl is at the outer side of the southeastern wall when he's not recruited in the party.