|Durlag's Tower is one of the areas from the World Map.|
Durlag's Tower is an area added by the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack. Surviving in the area of Durlag's Tower is not really hard, but the building is one of most difficult areas in the game, especially the underground floors. They are filled with traps, monsters, and many encounters are deadly (even for max-level parties) without good tactics. It is recommended to have at least one Thief with a high find/disarm traps percentage - or with a Potion of Perception or Potion of Power, the former being sold by Erdane - and a full party with many different classes. Those willing to brave Durlag's Tower will find many unique treasures inside.
- Doppelgangers - randomly spawned, wandering the area, usually at night.
- Battle Horrors - three, in distinct locations.
- Basilisks - several atop the tower.
- Doom Guard - one, up a flight of stairs to the right of the main entrance.
Note: All of these begin in Ulgoth's Beard.
- Rashad's Talon, a scimitar +2 on top of the roof hidden in a chimney pipe (2281,586).
- Tome of Understanding can be found on the 3rd floor above the ground.
- Staff Spear, a quaterstaff +2 carried by Kirinhale on the fourth floor above the ground.
- The axe Wizard Slayer, can be found on the third underground floor in a fountain (3230, 2050).
- Pellan's Shield, a large shield +2 in a trapped-locked chest in the Basement Level 4 (2993, 680).
- Krotan's Skullcrusher, a mace +2 in a trapped-locked chest in the Basement Level 4 (2014, 552).
- The Burning Earth, a burning longsword +1 which is extra effective against regenerative, cold-using, and undead creatures. Located in the Basement Level 4 (4281, 2194).
- Staff of Striking, a quarterstaff +3 which can inflict the most damage of all quarterstaves, but has a limited amount of charges. Located in the Basement Level 4 (4281, 2194).
- The equipment of Kiel Legion Killer, son of Durlag Trollkiller, which includes a helmet, morning star and a buckler.
- Durlag's Goblet, fully heals the user but bestows fear for 12 in-game hours, works great with Kiel's Helmet and fear immunity classes such as BlackguardThis icon indicates content from the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition campaign.
- The Practical Defense, the second best set of plate mail armor found in Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
- Arla's Dragonbane, a sling +3 in a trapped-locked chest in the Basement Level 4 (2014, 552).
- Cloak of the Shield, a cloak with a limited amount of charges which can be used to provide protection against missile and physical attacks.
- The World's Edge, a two-Handed sword +3. Found on the King piece.