Doom Guards are constructs, created from empty suits of armor animated by magic rituals. They are encountered in
This icon indicates content for all games of the 1st Baldur's Gate installment, including original and enhanced editions and their expansions, but not The Black Pits.
- Besides 50% resistances against fire and cold, Doom Guards are completely immune to missile weapons and can only be injured in melee combat or through magic.
- Their effective Armor Class, including the Dexterity bonus and equipment (see below), adds up to -4, while their own effective THAC0 would be 11.
- See the last item below for a list of a Doom Guard's status effect immunities.
Note: None of a Doom Guard's items will be dropped after defeating it.
- Flame Blade – An impressively looking Long Sword, that does slashing rather than fire damage.
- Large Shield – A Large Shield that lacks the additional -1 AC bonus against piercing weapons.
- Plate Mail – A purely cosmetic Plate Mail, regarding the Doom Guard's natural AC of 0.
- Helmet – A helmet which looks like the Eyes of Truth or a Gift of Peace, the latter totally disregarding this creature's attitude.
- Ring – A valuable piece of jewelry that applies immunities to Berserk, Charm, Confusion, Fatigue, Panic, Paralyze, Petrification, Poison, Slay and Sleep.
- Technically, doom guards aren't of any race or class in the original Baldur's Gate – golems were only introduced with its successor, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. The Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition uses these resources and gives them a true construct-like status, while simultaneously changing their gender from neither to male – an exception amongst golems, which tend to have the former one.