Charisma, alongside with reputation, adjusts reaction – which influences interactions with NPCs, as well as modifying the purchase prices in stores. This score will also be checked (not shown in-game) during certain dialogues for various effects.
- Originally, the charisma of the party member who initiates dialogue with the merchant is taken into account, just as in other situations.
- In the Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition, the charisma of the character sitting on the uppermost portrait position, the current "party leader" in the area of the merchant, does count, no matter who's talking.
Note, that charisma has no effect when selling items.
The modification on shop prices provided by Reputation is added to the one provided by charisma and applied as one adjustment. So a party with 8 reputation and 16 charisma will have an adjustment of +20 - 5 = 15% surcharge.
|Charisma||Reaction adjustment for the talking character||Buying adjustment|
Charisma score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- Tome of Leadership and Influence. inBaldur's Gate (1998)This icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate campaign.This icon indicates content from the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition campaign.
- In Hell, choosing "good path" during Test of Wrath raises charisma and Wisdom by one point. InThis icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn campaign.Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Shadows of Amn (2013)This icon indicates content from the Shadows of Amn campaign of the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
- Machine of Lum the Mad - Watcher's Keep. inThis icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal campaign.Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Throne of Bhaal (2013)This icon indicates content from the Throne of Bhaal campaign of the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
Permanent penalties Edit
- Rod of Terror, 20% chance on hit to lose 1 point.
Temporary changes Edit
- In BGEE (and possibly others), there seems to be a bonus 0.33% added to the buying adjustment for the adjustments that end in 5. So, instead of getting 5/15/25% off, you get 5.33/15.33/25.33% off.