Charisma, alongside with reputation, adjusts reaction – which influences interactions with NPCs, as well as modifying the purchase prices in stores. This score will also be checked (not shown in-game) during certain dialogues for various effects.
- Originally, the charisma of the party member who initiates dialogue with the merchant is taken into account, just as in other situations.
- In the Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition, the charisma of the character sitting on the uppermost portrait position, the current "party leader" in the area of the merchant, does count, no matter who's talking.
Note, that charisma has no effect when selling items.
|Charisma||Reaction adjustment for the talking character||Buying adjustment|
Charisma score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- Tome of Leadership and Influence inBaldur's Gate (1998)This icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate campaign.This icon indicates content from the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition campaign.
- InThis icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn campaign.in Hell, choosing "good path" during Test of Wrath raises charisma and Wisdom by one pointBaldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Shadows of Amn (2013)This icon indicates content from the Shadows of Amn campaign of the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
- Rod of Terror, penalty on hit
- Machine of Lum the Mad - Watcher's Keep inThis icon indicates content from the original Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal campaign.Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Throne of Bhaal (2013)This icon indicates content from the Throne of Bhaal campaign of the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
Temporary boosts Edit
- Ring of Human Influence
- Helm of Glory
- Nymph Cloak
- Algernon's Cloak
- Blade of Roses
- Plate of Balduran
- Sensate Amulet
- Axe of Hrothgar