Cespenar is an imp who flies around the Pocket Plane in Throne of Bhaal. He was originally Bhaal's butler and for a certain price and components, he can improve or fuse items to make them stronger. Although he can't be killed by Gorion's Ward, they can still hurt him. An exception to this is if Gorion's Ward becomes a mind flayer through the limited wish or shapechange spells, and attacks Cespenar with the mind flayer’s intelligence drain ability.
List of items[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Ooo! Needs must I look through your belongings? Match them to recipes, must I? Let me see..."
- [Case of Plenty] "Hmmm. You know you gots quiver of bolts here, right? I can upgrades it so it makes +2 bolts. Crossbows be sucky, but not quite so sucky with better bolts. 5,000 gold and it be yours."
- [Oaken Ring] "Okay... hmmm... maybe has something here. By the way, I organizes all your shoes, okay?"
- [Thieves' Hood] "I... hey, what is this? A hood? You off to visits grandmother or what?"
- [Helm of the Rock] "Pfft! Yah! Nice helmet! Hey... waits, I knows this one!"
- [Montolio's Cloak] "Ah? You have something here, smells like dirt? Needs good washing, maybe."
- [Bard's Gloves] "Hmm... hmm... Oh, wait! Here's a glove. Only one? What is you, a rock star? Oh. Here's the other one..."
- [Paladin's Bracers] "*sings* Hmm. I think I sees bracers of goody-two-shoesness!"
- [Circlet of Netheril] "Hmm... it seems you has lots of junks in here. Needs junk drawer."
- [Golem Manuals] "What gots we here? A book? Is good bedtime readings, maybe? Oh... is tome of golems. Yecccch. BOR-ing."
- [The Spirit's Shield] "*sings* Eh? Ooh! Shower curtain? Oh... is only a cloak! Nasty pattern, that."
- [Dragon Scales] "..eww... eugh... What is bad smell? You been killing dragons?"
- [Bladesinger Chain] "Ooo... you like this one, maybe...? Like a little smack on the tush, huh? Heh heh..."
- [Bag of Plenty] "Eh? Bag of rocks? What do you do with so many rocks? Need for head?"
- [Erinne Sling] "What? You uses sling? What is you, a big sissy?"
- [Firetooth] "Hmm... maybe could uses that string again. Not thinks of this one."
- [Quiver of Plenty] "Oooo... is very nice quiver, it is. Pretty colors."
- [Bowstring of Gond] "Eh? String? Ooo, good string, it is! Like string when you tie shoelaces together, but better!"
- [Runehammer] "Mmm. What's this? You gots hammer? Bhaal once drop hammer on big godly toe. Jump around and swear for days, he did. Kicked poor me all the way to Baator. Very bad week, that."
- [Flail of Ages] "Aaah, the flail of many heads, it is. Ouch! Ooo, wrong head."
- [Storm Star] "Mmm... a mace from the skies? Hit you on the head and leave lump, maybe?"
- [Club of Detonation] "What's this? Oh... one hot club. POW, straight to the moon!"
- [Hindo's Doom] "*snicker* Hindo's Doom! Can you say it? Hindo's DOOOOOM..."
- [Spectral Brand] "Ooo! Turmish forging is such nice work. MAH-velous. Just MAH-velous."
- [Ravager] "Oooo... big weapon, this. You overcompensating, maybe?"
- [Staff of the Ram] "Is good staff, very firm, very strong. Makes for a good SWACK IN THE HEAD! KA-POWWW!"
- [Axe of the Unyielding] "Ooo, nice axe! Lops off heads like nobody's business! I like it!"
- [Ixil's Nail or Spike] "Oooo... what's this? Sharp!"
- [Dagger of the Star] "Hmm. Bhaal had one of these. Used to pick teeth lots. No manners, he."
- [Carsomyr] "Ooooo... holy avenger sword, huh? Nice."
- [Gram the Sword of Grief] "Ooo... what a big sword you has..."
- [Purifier] "You has holy sword, does you? Hell isn't place for you, maybe, eh?"
- [Foebane] "Mm. Cool bastard sword, oh yes! Why bastard, you think? No parent?"
- [Angurvadal] "Ah? Sword that burns? Hm! Have cream for that."
- [Short Sword of Mask] "Ooo! Is nice sword, maybe..."
- [Silver Dragon Scales] "What this now? Dragon scales? Shiny."
- [Looking on] "There something else here? Hmm... old rations? Do you clean pack sometimes or just pretend?"
- [Looking on] "Okays, I keep lookin'... what is this? Stale cookie? *crunch* *crunch* Ugggh... that is no cookie!"
- [Looking on] "*sings* I'se looking through stuffs that ain't mine! ...dum-dee-doo-doo-dum-dum-dum-dum..."
- [Looking on] "I keep looking, but I runnings out of recipes soon. I needs to find Martha soon! She around Hell somewhere, I thinks."
- "Hmm. Nope. Nope! I sees nothing more that matches with my recipes. No more shiny ones. Oh well. Back to cleaning, I guesses."
- [If not addressed by Gorion's Ward] "Hm... Umm, Cespenar only serve the great one. Youse nice, maybe, but youse still a nobody."
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Cespenar on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting Forgotten Realms.
References[edit | edit source]
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 4
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 145
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 139
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 135
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 131
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 127
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 123
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 120
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 116
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 110
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 106
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 101
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 97
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 93
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 90
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 87
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 83
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 77
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 73
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 68
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 64
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 60
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 56
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 52
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 48
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 44
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 40
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 36
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 32
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 28
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 24
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 20
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 16
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 12
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 6
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 156
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 86
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 100
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 109
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 119
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 5
BOTSMITH.dlg; State 152