|“||Gather your party||”|
- 4 Aug 2020: Larian Studios post on Twitter that Early Access will not launch in August. The release date for Early Access will be announced on August 18, 2020.
- 13 Jun 2020: In their third community update Larian Studios announce a possible Early Access launch in August 2020 on Steam and Stadia.
- 11 Jun 2019: The official Baldur's Gate III forum launches
- 9 Jun 2019: Swen Vincke, the game's director from Larian Studios, and Mike Mearls, creative director of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise, answer questions about Baldur's Gate III during several interviews prior to the E3 2019
- 7 Jun 2019: Accompanying the first newsletter for the game, the Larian Gazette, the first community update is published on Larian Studios' YouTube channel
- 6 Jun 2019: Larian Studios announce Baldur's Gate III via Google Stadia stream and launch the official website for the game, presenting a cinematic teaser
Following Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Siege of Dragonspear, Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, but also the tabletop adventures Murder in Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, the city of Baldur's Gate will be a main setting for Baldur's Gate III, roughly a hundred years after the events from the first two games.
As of yet, not much is known about the plot, since the prequel Descent into Avernus waits for its release as well, on September 17, 2019. Battles took place in the city's streets, Flaming Fist mercenaries fall victim to ceremorphosis, and mind flayers invade with their nautiloids.
|“||An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerûn lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome. Gather your party.||”|
As the predecessors, Baldur's Gate III will feature single- and multi-player modes. It is in development for Google Stadia and Microsoft Windows. Being based on the 5e Dungeons & Dragons rule set will be one large change for players that are familiar with the series, as well as visuals that by far surpass what the Enhanced Editions did to the original games.
- In an interview with a German gaming magazine, as well as with USGamer, Swen Vincke from Larian Studios tells that Baldur's Gate III will only be released when the game has been finalized – which will not happen in 2019.
- Starting with the first steps of development reaches back to 2017, according to the interview with USGamer.
- Baldur's Gate III became the 4,172nd article at creation on Baldur's Gate Wiki.
- Baldur's Gate III (official homepage)
- Baldur's Gate 3 - Home | Facebook
- Baldur's Gate 3 (@baldursgate3) | Twitter
- Baldur's Gate III - Larian Studios forums
- Homepage - Larian Studios
- LarianStudios - YouTube
- Larian Studios Announces Baldur’s Gate III | Dungeons & Dragons
- Baldur's Gate III on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting Forgotten Realms.
- Baldur's Gate III on Steam
- Baldur's Gate 3 on GOG.com
- Baldur's Gate 3 Details Megathread (reddit: baldursgate)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Larian Studios Announces Baldur’s Gate III – Dungeons & Dragons
- ↑ Baldur's Gate III (official homepage)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Baldur's Gate 3 E3 Trailer Breakdown & Easter Eggs With Larian Founder
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Larian Studios Shares Its Vision for Baldur's Gate 3: "We Got the Keys to the Toy Box" – USgamer
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Baldur's Gate 3 preview – Rock Paper Shotgun
- ↑ Baldur's Gate 3 - An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's… – Facebook
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Baldur's Gate 3 in der Vorschau: Die Rückkehr einer Legende – PC Games (Baldur's Gate 3 preview: The return of a legend – PC Games)
- ↑ Official press kit