|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II is a computer role-playing game developed by Black Isle Studios for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox released in 2004. Dark Alliance II returned to Baldur's Gate with a new story and new characters. The story begins when the player's previous 3 heroes are taken prisoner by an evil vampire king, Mordoc. In part 2, the player is one of the many adventurers seeking fame and fortune in Baldur's Gate. The game's gameplay is very similar to that of the original Dark Alliance.
The new characters are:
- Dorn Redbear, human barbarian: strong melee fighter
- Vhaidra Uoswiir, drow monk: unarmed and unarmored melee fighter
- Ysuran Auondril, moon elf necromancer: spell caster
- Borador Goldhand, dwarven rogue: able to pick locks and traps
- Allessia Faithhammer, human cleric: casts healing/protection spells
- Drizzt Do'Urden, drow ranger: fights with two scimitars, Twinkle & Icingdeath (unlockable)
- Artemis Entreri, human assassin: fights with Charon's Claw and a Defending dagger (unlockable)
Unlike in the original Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, players can create their own magical weapons, armor, and trinkets (for a price) in Dark Alliance II.
There were rumors floating around that there would be another Dark Alliance coming out soon but this has not been confirmed and is highly unlikely as Interplay went out of business.