He is after a particular book, History of the Fateful Coin. You can purchase it for a few across the street in Feldepost's Inn or take it freely from one of the shelves in the house below. The book can also be bought in a The Friendly Arm (building) in advance, but this is not necessary given how close the other two locations are.
Return to Firebead's home with the book and he will reimburse you and give you a new book and a scroll case.
Sometimes he doesn't give you the quest, but you can still complete it by talking to him with the correct book in your possession. If he still doesn't give you the quest, talk to him with your character (Protagonist) or Imoen if they are not the leader of your party.
In your Journal[edit | edit source]
- Triggered By: Speaking to Firebead Elvenhair in his home in Beregost
- Journal Section: Quests, Done Quests
- Quest Title: A Book for Firebead
- Entry Title: A Book for Firebead
- Quest Begins:
I have met an old friend in Beregost! Firebead Elvenhair, an elderly mage who visited the library at Candlekeep on occasion, has asked me to check out the stores in the area and purchase a copy of "The History of the Fateful Coin" for him, should I ever set eyes on it. Confining as its walls could be, there are days when I miss Candlekeep with every bone and every ounce of flesh in my body. This, I guess, is just going to be one of those days...
- Quest Completed:
Old Firebead was grateful for my locating his book and rewarded me.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- In a previous version of this article it was mentioned that the scroll case was tied to Reaction. This can no longer be verified and is not the case in current (version 126.96.36.199 or later) enhanced editions.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
– Hidden –
Bring Firebead a copy of "The Fateful Coin." [Read more]